Monday Made-It

Happy Monday, Everyone!
Whew - today was a rough one for me :) I was not a happy camper this morning - but I thank the Lord for caffeine, supportive coworkers, and cute (albeit zany!) students :)

I'm linking up with Tara from "4th Grade Frolics" for her monthly "Monday Made It" linky party



At home I've been having lots of fun crafting, cropping, and scrapbooking - pretty much any excuse to play with my Cricut! :)

1. I have a 12x12 frame in my kitchen where I display my "seasonal scrapbook pages" - here's the one for  St. Patrick's day:


I can't wait to put up my Easter one!

2. These are signs I made to go outside of my classroom door for myself and my fifth grade teaching partner:


3. I found this idea on Pintrest and absolutely LOVED it! My hubby and I love maps and traveling, so I thought this would be perfect for our living room:


I printed out maps of where we were born and then used a die cut machine to create the man and woman figures. Cute, eh?
Here's the original pin


4. I love SPRING! I cannot wait for the warmer weather, clear, blue skies, green grass with flowers bursting with color, and the birds chirping. Man, do I sound like a Disney movie or what? :)

To celebrate SPRING in my classroom without compromising curriculum time, I made these fun graphic organizers that review/reinforce basic story elements and can be used with ANY book!


Here are a couple sample pages from the packet:


You can download this 20-page packet for only $2! Make lesson planning a breeze this spring with my "Springing into Reading Graphic Organizers"

5. I made this "Pick Me!" sign for an area of my classroom library where I recommend books to the kiddos. Usually they are themed with different units we're studying (right now we're deep into WW2) and sometimes it's just new acquisitions or books I love that I want to see checked out more often. Throughout each day I read the back of a book or a particularly exciting/intriguing paragraph and then sit back and listen to the clamor: "I want to read that!" "That sounds SOOOO good!" "Can I check it out NOW?"



6. Something I've learned from teaching upper elementary:

Fifth graders are always nice to each other.
They always speak kindly and encouragingly to one another.
They never speak without thinking first.

Yeah...right...

10- and 11-year olds are not necessarily known for their tact and desire to encourage.

Now I want to say that I have a great class - they are (generally) kind and encouraging to one another. However, there are days when I need to remind them of this...

You can have this in your classroom too! I have put together a packet of the text of the poster - all you need to do is print, cut, glue, and voila! An instant reminder - and a life lesson - for your kiddos.

Click here to download: Before you speak, THINK

Click here for more freebies: from "Classroom Freebies'
And lastly, I have a confession to make...
I have been bitten.
Bitten by the bug.
The task card bug.

:)
I love me some task cards - and have been downloading A TON! I love to use them as centers, as partner work, and as enrichment for students who finish early or need a little challenge to "stretch their brains"

Here's my recent additions to my collection:


What have you been making this month? Head on over to 4th Grade Flipper and link up!








Signature

5 comments

  1. I love the part about if it is true! We have a major problem with "he said, she said" in my class! Caitlin (www.The-Room-Mom.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - me too! I just point at the sign, tell them to "work it out", and walk away to let them compromise :)

      Delete
  2. I have been bitten by the task card bug too! So much so that I am having a hard time finding the time to laminate them all!! I love the poster. Thank you!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *love* your Pick Me sign! I can't wait to create something similar for my new books. :)

    Thanks for linking up with me! Your project looks like a lot of fun!

    Abby
    Third Grade Bookworm

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top