*Friday Frenzy!* and a FREEBIE!

Whew! This week flew by - and dragged on at the same.
Ever feel that way?
Yeah, me too.

Here's a flashback of the frenzy that was my week:


*Click on the pictures above to link up with these lovely ladies!*

1. "Angry Verbs"

We've been continuing our chapter on verbs this week and the kids have been having a ball!
Click here to read my previous post about making grammar fun with ANGRY VERBS


This week we focused on tensed verbs:


The kids RAN to this center - funny how I can trick them into thinking they're having fun with grammar :)

2. Fluency

We've been having a ball honing our fluency skills the past couple of weeks. While teachers listen to their students read all of the time and assess them informally, it is valuable to take time to formally assess their reading fluency (their speed, their word accuracy, their phrasing, and their expression)

Here are some preview pictures:


Click here to check out my newly-added Fluency Packet
Act quick: You can get my new packet 25% off this weekend only!

3. Vocabulary "Word of the Day"
I was so blessed to win in Ashley at Primary Teacherhood's 100 Follower Giveaway. I got a TON of awesome resources, plus I got to choose three items from her store. One of the items that I chose and have started using this week is her "A Word A Day" Vocabulary packet. 
It helps to build my students' vocabulary, prepares their brains for THE test, and lets them be creative when they invent sentences using the word. I was pleasantly surprised by how much they are enjoying this - they ask for it daily!

4. "The Ants Go MARCHing"
As we welcomed the new month of March, the students were reminded of an old nursery school song, "The Ants Go Marching In." I decided to capitalize on the fun they were having and using it to review fundamental skills. We've been really drilling our parts of speech, so I created a worksheet where they categorize the words from the song lyrics:

Then I thought we could continue our mini-unit on ants (and get some excellent critical thinking and creative writing skill practice)





Click the link to find loads more freebies from Teaching Blog Addict!

Annddddd last but not least:
5. My 100 Follower Giveaway Ends TOMORROW NIGHT! The winner will be announced Sunday - so stay tuned :)


2 comments

  1. Love the way you designed your lessons around the poem. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kiddos must LOVE the angry verbs activities - how fun! I so agree about the importance of fluency!!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top