A Seuss-tastic Friday!

Time for the Friday Linkies!
I'm linking up with "Doodle Bugs" for her "Five for Friday" and Amanda from "Teaching Maddenness" for her "Friday Flashback" linky party.

fiveforfriday 

Here are 5 details from my action-packed, fun-filled, sleep-inspiring day:

1. Happy "Dr. Seuss Day!"
Just because I teach 5th grade doesn't mean we don't incorporate fun and festive activities into our week!
 My 5th grade partner, Rosie, and I - sporting our homemade Dr. Seuss gear! :)

2. "Hats Off to Dr. Seuss" Bulletin Board


Earlier this week we went to the library and chose Dr. Seuss books to read. The students read their books out loud and completed this story elements graphic organizer from Laura Candler

3. Then we discussed FLUENCY at length
I adapted a posted I found on Pintrest. Click here for the original link.

We practiced reading our Dr. Seuss books out loud to partners, focusing on the five aspects of Fluency.

We're gong to start monthly fluency checks using this rubric from Tim Rasinski's Creating Fluent Readers:


4. Showtime!
Today we got to put our fluency practice to the test as we read our Dr. Seuss books to Pre-K buddies. My fifth graders LOVED the experience and did a phenomenal job! I love giving them real-life opportunities to be role models.




***FREEBIE ALERT***
5. Next Wednesday (March 6th) is School Principal Appreciation Day!

To celebrate I've created a simple yet sentimental activity sheet. Print it out, have the kiddos complete it, and then combine the class pages into a booklet and present it to your principal to show your class's appreciation:





You can download this item for FREE from my TpT store by clicking here: Principal Appreciation Activity


This will make your principal's day... ENJOY!

Check out more freebies from TBA's Freebie Friday:



Ok, so I'm cheating and adding a #6:

Tomorrow begins my 100 Follower Giveaway - Be sure to stop by and check it out!


4 comments

  1. I love, love, love how you still incorporate Dr. Seuss for your kiddos....you're never too old for Seuss! :)

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 100 followers!
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVIN' your thing 1 and 2 shirts! Perfect way to celebrate!!
    Karen :o)
    Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top