Sink or Float?

Today I want a shout-out to all you bloggers out there who teach the younger grades. To the teachers who spend much of their days sitting on the floor, chasing after runaway dice, managing carpet time, wiping noses, tying shoelaces, reprimanding tattlers, and comforting little hearts.  

I think you are brave. I think you were blessed with an extra dose of patience. I think what you do is important.

And I know there are a whoooollllle lot of you out there in the bloggy world :) I am always amazed at the sheer number of Kindergarten and First Grade bloggers - you are quite prolific. And I love seeing your ideas, hearing about your kiddos, and entering your classroom for a few minutes each day. You have inspired me, challenged me, and motivated me to invest my heart into my students.

So, in honor of you, I've created a product aimed at the younger grades:


My "Sink or Float" Activity Packet is 18 fun and engaging pages to reinforce/assess the concept of sinking and floating.

I have 3 Activity Suggestions:
1. Sink/Float Scavenger Hunt - gets kids up and moving!
2. Center Sorting Activity - reinforcement/assessment
3. Hands-on Science Experiment - get kids excited about learning!

Packet includes: 
* Directions/Activity Ideas
* Sink/Float Posters
* 20 Game Cards in 2 sets: 20 with words and 20 with pictures added
* 2 tracking sheets
* Prediction Paddles


Here are some sample pictures from the packet:


I've included two sets of cards: one with words and pictures and one with just the words (for teachers who don't want the students to rely on the pictures, but to focus on reading the word) 

"Prediction Paddles" for informal assessment (both pre- and post-assessment)



Two recording sheets for different activities:


 Click here ("Sink or Float")to visit my store and add this baby to your shopping cart! :)

As usual, I'd like to give away this product to the first TWO people who comment with their name, e-mail address, and a suggestion for enriching students who need an extra challenge.


4 comments

  1. Hi Jessica, I just found you via the Blogs by State Linky, I'm Sue Cahalane & I'm from NJ too :)
    Your packet looks fabulous & I'd love to receive it!!
    email: science4@verizon.net
    My suggestion for enriching students who need an extra challenge: introduce a big science word-buoyancy! My little ones love hearing the big science words & I tell them they are learning words that our 7th graders learn! Students can fill out a prediction worksheet with 2 columns "Buoyant" or "Not Buoyant" :)
    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! Thanks for the great idea - I think vocabulary development is so important. A FREE packet is on it's way :)

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with you and commend all those lower elementary teachers! I don't know how they do it... I know that I could never do the younger grades (possibly 3rd of 4th grade, but never anything lower!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jessica :)

    My name is Emelin Jorge and I am currently a student in NYC majoring in Childhood Education. I am really intrigued by your website and it looks super handy in helping me create some of my first lesson plans. I am currently working on lesson plans for a final project and I would LOVE to recieve and include this packet as part of my lessons which happen to be on Sink or Float.

    Thank you for your info and time.
    Happy Holidays :)
    email: emjorge24@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top