Good-bye Winter Break...It's Been Swell!

Happy Friday Folks!

I love Friday blogging - it's such a fun day for linky parties :)

I'm linking up with "Teaching Maddeness" and "Five for Friday" for their weekly Friday linky parties.



fiveforfriday


This week was WONDERFUL! I was on Winter Break (sorry to rub it in the faces of those who weren't!) and had a fabulous time. I am now mourning the end of a great week.



Here I am in the beautiful library at The Castle at Skylands Manor - a bed and breakfast my mom and I stayed in this week. I felt like Belle - all I needed was a rolling ladder :)

1. FREEBIE Alert!
With March quickly approaching, we can easily get overwhelmed, busy, and losing track of our beloved organizational plans and routines. Well don't let your work pile up - stay organized during the busy Spring season with this handy (and cute!) to-do list:


Grab a copy for FREE by clicking here: "To Do" List Template for Busy Teachers

Find more FREEBIES by clicking here:
 
2. Books Books Books!
I have done some serious damage to my bank account this week - and it all went towards BOOKS! Well some I got for free (from my library) and the rest I bought second-hand at the Strand (only the greatest bookstore in NYC!) I can't wait to add these babies to my classroom library.




3. Two cute Valentine finds:
I LOVE shopping in seasonal sections after the holiday - I'm a deal
How CUTE is this frame - "Admit Two" Only 39 cents!

This homemade-looking baby is from Michael's and was only $1.29 - I have a bit of a button obsession :)

4. One Meal, One Day
One Meal, One Day is a great campaign sponsored by Compassion International, an organization that is working to help desperately impoverished children around the world. This year's special cause is dedicated to helping starving children in Ethiopia and we are asking people to donate what they would spend on a meal to the effort. 


My friend, Becky, from Compassionate-Teacher is spear-heading this event in our bloggy world and is collecting donations. Also, as an added incentive, she is offering a number of great FREE products to everyone who donates $10 or more. 

Click here (Compassionate Teacher: One Meal, One Day) for more details about the giveaway and this courageous fight against hunger.

5. Two NEW Packets:
I've been diligently working during my days off and have produced two brand-spankin' new novel studies: one for elementary grades and one for middle or high school grades.

Charlotte's Web Activity Packet:





Hunger Games Activity Packet:



And to spread the joy, I'm going to be GIVING AWAY 3 packets to you, my beloved blog followers :)

Leave a comment with:
1. Your e-mail address
2. Which packet you would like to win (Charlotte's Web or Hunger Games)
3. Any suggestions for future book studies you'd like to see created

I'll be choosing 3 random winners on Sunday night.

Happy Commenting!




Signature

8 comments

  1. Awwww, you had a fun and productive week!! Thanks for the freebie!

    Lots of good books! I use More Parts for idioms- the kids love it (but get a little freaked in a fun way!)

    I'd love the Charlotte's Web pack! I have a group reading that right now!

    I'm not sure about another packet...anything you make will be wonderful!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties
    cutesyclickables@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Charlotte's Web packet, too! And I have never been known to skip Target the day after Christmas, even when I "don't need anything!"

    tokyoshoes (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of your break but I see you had a very nice time. I would like the Hunger Games packet. I love to fo novel studies. My favorites are The Whipping Boy and Night of the Twisters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rilyzmom@yahoo.com

    I would love the Charlotte's Web packet! Starting Lit circles in March and this would be perfect!

    Also, I think I would like to see some packets on Jerry Spinelli books for my boys or maybe some on a nonfiction title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found you through the upper elementary links party. Thanks for the to do list freebie. I love the format. Your blog is great. I'm your newest follower.

    Melissa OBryan
    Wild About Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Valentine's finds...I too never pay full price ( for anything really) but especially not holiday décor. Both of your packets look great but a little advanced for my 2nd grade kiddos. :)
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top