Building Skills with Biographies!


Diane from "Fifth in the Middle" has come up with a wonderful linky idea where bloggers can leave their url at the state where they teach. It's a great way to meet fellow bloggers from your state.

Plus you get a cute button! :)


Any other New Jersey bloggers out there?

Head on over and join your state!

Now, onto the real reason for today's post...

Biographies!

As you know, February is Black History month, which is the perfect time to study famous African Americans. We've been studying TONS of famous people and learning all sorts of interesting facts about people from all walks of life.

So I decided to combine our study of African Americans with the a study of general biographies and came up with this fun project:


Here is the detailed instruction sheet:


Here is a sample of the ABC booklet:

 There are 3 differentiated activities - the students choose ONE to complete:


 

I have also included a Venn Diagram compare-contrast activity where the students compare their lives with that of the person they studied:

And finally, the students can complete a Certificate of Excellence about their person of study:

The kiddos LOVED the project - and did such a fabulous job! They are full of random facts about many famous people. I love watching their curiosity pique.

Click HERE to head over to my TpT store to check out the full details.

Well I'm off to lesson plan for next week - au revoir, my blogging friends!

2 comments

  1. Congrats! Your at 100 followers on the dot! :)

    Christy
    Teaching In Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooohooo! You're exactly right, Christy! Can't wait for my giveaway :)

      Delete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top