100th Post...About Our 100th Day!



Hello friends!
Well today is my 100th post - I cannot believe how quickly the months have flown by since I started this little ole blog in the fall!

I thought it would only be fitting to use my 100th entry to post pictures and stories of our 100th Day Adventures!
My 5th grade partner and I decided to do combined centers for the 100th day: 3 in her room and 3 in mine. We divided the kiddos up into 6 groups and gave them 30 minutes in each room. They had a blast!

Here are the activities we did:
1. 100 Days Smarter:

Each student wrote three facts they've learned since September. 
Then we connected all of the facts in a paper chain and displayed 100 facts (actually 5 chains of 20), showing that we're now "100 Days Smarter"

They wrote facts they had learned in academic subjects as well as life lessons - it was really cool to see all that they had retained.

2. 1-0-0 pictures:
Each student was given die cuts of the numbers 1, 0, 0 and had to create a picture using the numbers. That was all of the direction we gave - and look how AWESOME they turned out:


3. If I was 100 Years Old...


The students completed a creative writing assignment in which they imagined their lives at age 100. They had a lot of fun using their imaginations...hence the man in the top left :)

4. I could...I couldn't...
This center asked the students to imagine what they could and could not do.

For example:
I could carry 100...
but I couldn't carry 100...

OR 

I could eat 100...
but I couldn't eat 100...

Some of my favorites were:
*I could carry 100 paperclips, but I couldn't carry 100 sumo wrestlers.
*I could eat 100 pieces of chocolate, but I couldn't eat 100 pieces of lettuce (not so sure about the truth in that one!)
*I wish I had 100 dollars, but I don't wish I had 100 mosquito bites

5. Addition Race to 100


The students played a partner dice game in which they practiced basic addition facts (even fifth graders still need a refresher every now and then!). They rolled dice and added up their numbers each turn. First to 100 wins!

6. Create-you-own Spinner
The students divided a circle to create their own spinner and then used a paper clip to practice fractions, probability, and stylistics. 

 

Well I'm off on a girly getaway with my mom - Enjoy your Tuesday!



2 comments

  1. Jessica, I love your blog! So cute!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 100th post! That's so perfect that it fell this close to the 100th day.

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top