Tell Me Something Good

It's that time of the week again! I love Jennifer's "Tell Me Something Good" linky parties - they always warm my heart and help me to keep a proper perspective, especially during tough weeks.


Something good from school:

My students LOVED the homophone unit this week. Our spelling curriculum had us focusing on homophones and I decided to couple that with extra practice in Language Arts because my students really needed some help. You can read more about it here: Hooray for Homophones!


Also, we had our school's National Geographic Bee this week. 10 students from 5th-8th grade were chosen to compete for the title of Champion. We had two fifth graders who qualified and one of my students, Daniel, won 2nd place! It was a tough match - he only lost by one question - and to an 8th grader! I was one proud teacher! We threw Daniel an impromptu movie-and-popcorn-party to celebrate that afternoon. 


Something good from home:
My hubby is home! He's been away on a mission trip in Chile, working at a Word of Life camp, doing maintenance and construction. It was a good week - people from my school and church were very hospitable in inviting me over for lovely dinners and checking in on me. But boy am I glad to have Team Jess and Jon united once again on the home front :)



Head on over to Rowdy in First Grade and "Tell Me Something Good!"

6 comments

  1. Hi - wandered over from Rowdy in First - yeah for your student in the Geography Bee - that's great! We don't do that in my district.
    And I bet you are glad your hubby is home.
    Enjoy your weekend! Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we commented on each other's pages at the same time! Great minds think alike :)

      Delete
  2. The geography bee sounds great! We don't do anything like that either, wish we did.
    Glad your husband is home, but that is cool that people from school and church were watching out for you.
    I'm going to share your blog with the 5th grade teachers at my school, they are just learning about the blog world.
    I'm your newest follower.

    Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! Welcome :)
      Definitely do my blog pass it along - there aren't as many upper elementary bloggers, so we're always looking for new comrades!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      ~Jess

      Delete
  3. So glad for you that your husband is back safe and sound. Have a great weekend.
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome for your student! You must be so proud! And hooray for husbands being home! It's nice for my husband to travel every once and a while, but then I get lonely!

    Jennifer
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top