"Show Me the Money" Economy Units for Primary and Intermediate Grades

I'm linking up with Stephanie from "Middle School Matters" and her "Favorite Finds" 


Photobucket

1. This is my favorite new TpT product I created this weekend.

I previously shared an idea about a creative coin creation that was part of an economy unit. See original post here.


Well I worked diligently yesterday and am finally ready to highlight my "Show Me the Money" Economy units. These are fun, engaging, and memorable units that are designed for a social studies study on the economy. 

I have created two different units, one designed for Primary Grades (1st-3rd) and the other for Intermediate grades (4-6), (some activities would even work up to 8th grade)

"Show Me the Money" Economy Unit - Primary
This 17-page packet is a great first introduction to the economy and ideas of producers/consumers, needs/wants, goods/services. 

Here are some preview pictures of the packet:





I've also made a small sampler packet available for just the vocabulary in an economy unit. You can download that for only $1 by clicking here: Economy Vocabulary Activities

 "Show Me the Money" Economy Unit - Intermediate

This 19-page packet is a great introduction to the economy, specifically focusing on the concepts of producers/consumers, needs/wants, goods/services,as well as how money is minted and circulated, the Federal Reserve System and the Philadelphia Mint, and Communism vs. Capitalism. 

Here are some preview pictures of the packet:





2. My favorite pin:
Supply organizer made out of toilet paper rolls - how cute and practical!
Pinned Image
I told my hubby to start saving the empty rolls - I want to make one for my desk and one for my scrapbooking markers/supplies. :)

3. Favorite new widget:
My TpT widget I just added to the left side of my blog - it links directly to my TpT store:
Cute, eh?

What are some of your favorite ideas/pins from the weekend? Head on over to Middle School Matters and link up!


2 comments

  1. Jessica, thank you so much for linking up! All three of your finds that you are sharing are great - especially Show Me the Money! Nice work! I'm so happy to discover your blog and will be following for sure!
    Thanks again-
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie! Yes, I was excited about joining your linky party. We 5th grade teachers need to stick together in this bloggy world! :)

      Delete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top