Recipe Swap! and a Menu-planning freebie!

Julie from "My Journey to 5th Grade" had a wonderful idea of having teachers share and swap some of their favorite recipes. She's hosting her first-ever Linky Party, so head on over to support her and share a favorite recipe! My mouth is watering just at the thought! :)


So here's my recipe: Chicken Pockets
It's a family favorite and a crowd-favorite at get-togethers



Ingredients:
  • 2 c. cooked chicken (chopped or shredded)
  • 4 oz. soft cream cheese
  • 2 tbsp. butter
  • 2 tbsp. milk
  • 1 tbsp. chopped onions
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
  • 1 c. Italian bread crumbs (optional)
  • ¼ c. Parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions:
  1. Separate the crescent rolls and make 4 rectangles (seal the dotted lines)
  2. Mix together cream cheese, salt, pepper, milk, and onion.
  3. Stir in chopped chicken
  4. Put ½ c. mixture in each rectangle. Draw up 4 corners and pinch together.
  5. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with combination of bread crumbs. (optional)
  6. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. 

Enjoy!

And now for a freebie! I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to share my menu-planning sheet. It's actually my mom's original template - I just pretty-fied it :) 
It really helps keep me organized on busy school nights. I normally plan my menu on Friday nights, go grocery shopping on Saturday, and then I don't have to worry or guess what we're having on week nights.


Click here to download your FREE weekly menu-planning sheet




5 comments

  1. Thanks for linking up!! Your recipe sounds AMAZING!!!!! And I love your menu-planning. That is going to be downloaded as soon as I'm done typing this. Oh, and the picture for the linky party is there but it's not linked up. Can you add the link to is so people can find it easier?

    Thanks,

    My Journey to 5th Grade

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it - it's easy to make and delicious to consume...a win-win! :)

      Sorry about the link missing - I've got it fixed now!

      Delete
  2. Found your blog on the Fifth Grade Flock link! I'm so glad I did. I will be linking up with Julie in just a minute...I'm currently 6 months pregnant and anything to do with food...I'M IN!! :) Looking forward to reading your 5th grade ideas! Head over to my blog if you get a chance! I'd love to have a new friend!
    -Emily
    The Science Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily!
      Thanks for stopping by :) Congratulations on your baby - this must be such an exciting time for you!
      I'd love to be your new friend :)

      ~Jessica

      Delete
  3. Yummy! Chicken pockets are delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top