Martin Luther King Jr. Day Activities

Well we're back and I've hit the ground running in 2013! I have been working on a major Martin Luther King Jr. packet for a couple of weeks now and it is finally ready!
It's 30 pages long, and chalked full of 
fun, engaging activities for a study of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 


Martin Luther King Jr. Day is Monday, January 21st - are you ready? 
Make lesson planning a breeze with this ready-to-use packet.



30-page packet includes:

List of suggested books about MLK
K-W-L Chart
MLK Graphic Organizer
MLK Profile template activity ideas
MLK Profile template - outline
MLK Profile template - black
Vocabulary matching
Vocabulary cards for Word Wall or vocabulary center (Color)
Vocabulary cards for Word Wall or vocabulary center (B&W)
Alphabetizing practice
“Dr. M L King Jr.” Acrostic poem
“DREAM” Acrostic poem
Nobel Peace Prize reading & activity
“I Have a Dream” reading comprehension
“I Have a Dream” graphic organizer
“I Have a Dream” rough draft paper
Revising/Peer-editing checklist
“I Have a Dream” final draft paper
MLK: 8 ½ x 11 poster
MLK Quote: 8 ½ x 11 poster (2)
Answer Key

Here's just a sampling:




 



 




Click here to check out a preview and download your packet: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Packet

***PLUS! If you are one of the first THREE people to leave a comment with your e-mail, I'll send you the entire packet for FREE!***


Link on over to "Sunny Days in Second Grade" for more MLK ideas!

10 comments

  1. Thank you for all of your great ideas!

    La'Taisha
    elegant8@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Martin Luther King ideas.... perfect for my fourth graders! Thank you

    jenniferhamada1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! I bet my 5th graders would LOVE it! Thanks! :)

    fearlessin5th@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you ladies! Check your inbox for your FREE copies of the entire package! :)

    Come back soon for more freebies and engaging activity ideas.

    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave your packet a shout-out on my page. It looks great!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for linking up to Show & Tell Tuesday!
    That looks like an awesome pack :)

    Denise
    Sunny Days In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. BeAuTiFuL! I heard about your blog from Becky at Compassionate Teacher - and I'm SO glad I did .... LOVE the packet-full of ideas!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top