Kids Say the Darndest Things!

I could fill journals with the humorous, touching, bizarre things my students say throughout the day. I love the idea from Jessica at  A Turn to Learn. Each week she chronicles a funny/memorable thing that has been said by one of her students. I decided to join in the fun!

What Did They Say!?

As many of you know (from previous posts) my husband has been in Chile on a mission trip. My class had been very concerned for his safety and my well-being during his absence. 

One of my students, Victoria (the source of much joy and laughter throughout the day!) asked if I missed Mr. Lawler. "Yes I do, very much," I said. "Well, let the tears flow, because this shoulder is wide open!" Victoria answered, patting her shoulder :)
It warmed my heart and brightened my day!

Hop on over to "A Turn to Learn" to share a funny/sweet story.





4 comments

  1. That's adorable! Kids really step up when they know something isn't right. The other year my father was in the hospital and I had a breakdown during prep. When I came back, one of my girls chimed right in with "you look like you've been crying." I was so embarrassed. But right before dismissal that same girl came up to me and said "you know what? I know your dad is going to be okay. It's all going to be okay." I couldn't even be mad that she obviously had eavesdropped to find out why I was sad in the first place because all she wanted to do was make me happier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are cute - and very caring. Kids are very perceptive - they pick up on my mood, even when I try to put on a happy face and move forward with the lesson.

      I was sick a couple of weeks ago, and my kiddos wanted me to teach from my desk chair and moved a box of tissues and a bottle of hand sanitizer to a stool next to my chair at the front of the room. They were so sweet!

      Delete
  2. How cute! :) Kids really are caring. Many prayers for your husband's safety!

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top