Groundhog Day Activities



We're having a fun groundhog-filled week in my fifth grade classroom :)



I'm amazed at how little my kids knew about Groundhog Day - the history, the predictions, and the effect one little groundhog has on the seasons! :) I had my work cut out for me! We started out by reading this book:


and filling out a K-W-L chart. 


The we did some groundhog vocabulary activities


We also read this winner:


...and tried our hands at some artsy activities! 

We worked on character development as each student wrote as Punxsutawney Phil 

and then worked on story creation and sequencing with this fun Groundhog Day Comic Strip:

It's not too late to try these fun activities with your kiddos - Head on over to my TpT store to pick up a copy of my 10-page Groundhog Day activity packet for only $1!
Groundhog Day Activity Packet


Happy early Groundhog Day Everyone!




2 comments

  1. How cute!! We also blogged about those exact two books!! We have a freebie of writing prompts on our blog if you are interested! :O)

    This looks great! Thanks for sharing! (and don't you just love that free clipart?!?)

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh how fun! I LOVE those books - they are really fun. Thanks for the freebie - that will be perfect for Friday!

      Yes, I LOVE Little Red's Groundhogs - they are so cute. And I know that I'm not alone - every groundhog unit I see has that cute little guy on it :)

      ~Jessica
      Joy in the Journey

      Delete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top