Crafty Creations!

I'm linking up with Sew Many Ways for her "Sew Darn Crafty" Linky Party!



Here's what I've been up to this week:


I am beside myself with JOY! Yesterday a simple, innocent trip to Michaels rocked my world! I just went for a quick trip to get a couple items (yeah, right!) and came out with a cart-full! Now that in itself is not that surprising, but the thrill of the trip was that I found a beautiful, brand-new Cricut machine in the clearance aisle for 75% off! 


It had been returned, so the box was a little dented and re-taped, but I decided to go for it. Instead of paying $350 for it, it was on sale for $87! Then they credited a coupon on my account to the Cricut, so it came to a whopping $55! I was giddy!  I figured even if it didn't come with the cartridges  the machine itself would be worth that. So I took the risk and popped it in my cart! I zoomed home to open it and test it out...and it is PERFECT!


And it came with everything it was supposed to - 2 beautiful cartridges, a blade, instructions,  owner's manual, etc. The only thing missing was a 12x12 mat - which I already had at home!

I tested it out right away:


An "L" for Lawler

New York City skyline - perfect for the "Adventures in NYC" scrapbook I'm working on!

Now here are some pictures of my recent creations.

Recording Our "Firsts"
This was a Pintrest Inspriation. Click here for the original link. It's a picture of three maps: our first date, first dance (wedding), and first home (our little cozy apartment)


Here's a close-up of our maps:


2. You're the Only FISH in the Sea for Me! :)


A basic dollar store frame and jazzed it up by hot-gluing some blue stones (also from the dollar store) on two corners. Then I used glitter scrapbook paper for the background and scrapbook letters  to write "You're the Only...In the Sea for Me." I printed out the fish and colored him. Lastly, I added three little heart stickers as bubbles and voila! *Cuteness in a frame!*

3. Walking in a Winter Wonderland 
I have a 12x12 scrapbook frame hung near our front door and I change it for each season. I recently took down my Christmas page, and put up this beauty:


I used the Creative Memories border punch system to create the border going across the top. I cut a strip of purple paper 3 inches tall and placed it on the light purple snowflake paper. The winter scene is from our town in New Jersey - it's a park covered in snow with a beautiful bench. In the bottom right hand corner is a stamp that says JOY because I LOVE winter :)

Well I'm off to play with my Cricut - creative ideas are flowing! Do you have any great crafty pins/ideas you'd like to share? Leave a comment below - I'm always looking for inspiration! 



3 comments

  1. I wouldn't even know what to do with one of those machines!! But, WOW, you got a steal!!! That is amazing.

    My Journey to 5th Grade

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.My.Gosh. $55?? That's awesome!! Have fun with your new toy. :)
    Christy
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, I'm so jealous! I wanted one of those so badly for Christmas but I just couldn't justify it for that price ($350) since I have a small one and then I'd have to buy more cartridges. That is an AMAZING deal! Yay!!! So fun!!

    :O) Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top