January Currently!


Happy New Year everyone! My hubby wasn't feeling well, so we spent last night snuggled on the couch, drinking hot chocolate, and watching TV in pajamas. It wasn't our most exciting New Years celebration, but it was some much-needed relaxation and bonding time. 

Well it's that time again! I'm linking up with Farley for her January "Currently" linky party. 

Here's my Currently:

Listening: Jon and I stumbled onto this great show called "Sea Patrol." It's an adventure show about a patrol boat that surveys Australian waters. It's action-packed, but also has good character development. 
Loving: My new Vera Bradley kindle case! My in-laws got it for me for Christmas and I absolutely love it! 
Thinking: that I'm going to miss my hubby when he travels to Chile on Thursday. He's going on a mission trip for 2 weeks to partner with missionaries and do construction work in Santiago, Chile. I am so excited for him and cannot wait to see what God has in store, but I'll be lonesome here on my own.
Wanting: a few more days (or weeks!) of vacation! We had a lovely break, but a very busy one. We spent the last week in Montreal visiting my family, playing games, watching movies, and eating far too much :) Now I need a vacation to recover from my vacation!

Needing: to plan out my upcoming scrapbooking projects. I love scrapbooking, but can rarely find adequate time to work on it. I have some friends who introduced me to Creative Memories scrapbooking supplies and they have frequent all-day scrapping events where ladies get together and we scrap til we drop! :) I have one coming up on January 12th and want to have my next project lined up, so I can hopefully knock out an album in that day.
OLW: Trust.
2013 is going to prove a year of great change for our little family. My husband will be graduating from NYU with his masters in Archiving and Public History, so we'll be off on a great adventure once the job hunt begins. Then, we'll be leaving our cozy little apartment where we started our marriage and heading off to wherever God leads. And then my job hunt will begin - again. Lovely. But I am trusting the Lord to direct us and take care of us as my husband and I seek His will. Rather than stressing about all that's in store, I'm choose to trust.


Head on over and link-up your January currently!

Well I'm off to enjoy the last few hours of 2012. I'll talk to you all next year! :)


6 comments

  1. Found you from Currently; it's so cool that your husband is going to Chile. 5 years ago (ahhh so long ago), I went to Nicaragua on a mission trip teaching ESl and I LOVED it! I would love to go on more mission trips! Safe travels for your husband!
    Liz
    Teaching in the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Farley brought us together! I'm spending a similar New Year's Eve! I'm a little jealous of your husband's trip to Chile. Mission trips seem to deepen one's faith and TRUST in the One we serve! Blessings in 2013!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  3. TRUST is a great word!!! GREAT OLW!!!and how exciting for your husband... a mission trip and graduation... you have a great journey ahead of you!!! thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vera Bradely has Kindle Cases? I am going to have to check those out!

    Have a Happy and Exciting New Year!

    Jennifer
    Elementary School Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have beautiful ones! It fits my Kindle Fire and I think it would fit other styles as well :)
      The one I received was called "Lime's Up." I searched for them on amazon - they have a variety of patterns available.

      Delete
  5. That case is SO cute!! I am going to have to check them out. Snuggling on the couch sounds like a fabulous way to spend New Year's Eve!

    Tina
    Crofts' Classroom

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top