Christmas Cookies for Santa Word Sort *Common Core Aligned*

My newest product for TpT is now available - and is just in time for the holiday season!

"Cookies for Santa" Word Sort

It's a Common Core Aligned word sort activity that engages students during the final days before Christmas and reviews nouns vs. verbs. It can be used as a partner game, an individual assignment, or a literacy center activity. 

It can be used in a variety of classrooms - it may look a little young, but I plan to use it with my fifth graders - they can definitely still use the practice! I'm going to use it with my lowest reading group - I think they will benefit from the review and it will help me see what differentiation I need to implement in the new year.

The 8 page packet includes:

  •        Cover sheet (with directions)
  •        16 cookie game pieces
  •        1 game board (with 2 Santa plates: Nouns and Verbs)
  •        Recording sheet
  •        Letter to Santa prompt
  •        Answer Key


Here are some preview pictures:




Stay tuned for a multiplication version of the game that will be posted tomorrow! And if you download the Cookies for Santa Word Sort, please remember to stop by and rate the product! Thanks :)

And...for more Mailbox news (!) I was featured in the February-March Intermediate edition of "Teacher Talk" at the back of the magazine - (Jessica Lawler - that's me!)

And because I'm feeling productive for adding some many products to my store, I've decided to add a freebie for you as well:



It's a journal prompt page where students can share about a favorite family tradition and explain what the tradition is, why they enjoy it, and where/when the tradition started. There is also space for an illustration.

ENJOY!

1 comment

  1. Such creative and fun ideas, Jess! The kids will have a blast with Christmas-themed fun, (who doesn't love cookies?!) and learn a bunch in the process!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top