Liebster Award!

As a newbie to the blogging world, I love when an older, more a experienced blogger comments on a post or encourages me in some way. And today was one of those days! I was thrilled (and honored) that Michelle from Miss King's Enchanted Kingdom, Mrs. Young from Young Daze in 5th Grade, Bren from The Teacher Diaries, and Amanda from Rock Stars at Work nominated me for the Liebster Award. 


This award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs. 

11 Random Facts about me:
1. I am a second-year teacher who absolutely LOVES working with my zany 5th graders
2. I am 23...and look about 15 :)
3. I have been married for 1 year and a half - and am still completely smitten
4. I have had Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis since I was 3
5. I love to scrapbook - and my supplies take over the living room
6. My absolute favorite thing in my house is my KitchenAid Mixer
7. I spend my Saturday mornings scouring garage sales to build up my classroom library
8. I love Back-t0-School time - it's better than my birthday!
9. I could eat peanut butter every day and never grow tired of it
10. My husband and I don't have cable, so we love watching entire TV shows on Netflix
11. I am Canadian and am applying for dual citizenship

11 Questions from Miss King:
1. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?I would live in 

2. What is the one thing in your classroom you can't live without?
Paperclips! :)

3.  What is your favorite food?

Chicken fajitas

4. What is your favorite holiday and why?Christmas! I love the reason, the decorations, the baking, and the music! Ahh I just can't get enough of it during the month of December :)


5. What was your first car?
A gold Honda Civic - his name was Gilbert :)

6. What do you like to do in your free time?
Read, scrapbook, hang out with my hubby, go for walks, watch chick flicks, etc.

7. When did you start blogging?

This past summer - almost 6 months ago!

8. Have you always taught the grade you teach now?

Yes - this is my second year teaching 5th grade

9. Do you prefer books on electronics (ipads/nooks/kindles) or reading a real book?

Ahh toughie - I definitely prefer handling a real book, but I do have a kindle and like how easy it is to grab and read on the go.

10.  Have you ever taught in another state or country than where you teach now?

No - I did practicums in VA and my student teaching in NY

11.  Who do you  most admire?

My mom - she is a devoted Christian, always supportive, funny, and my best friend

The blogs I'm nominating:
1. 5th Grade Chalk Talk
2. Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans
3. Colorful Teaching
4. Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
5. Fabulous 5th Grade Fun
6. Fifth is Fabulous
7. Flamingos and Butterflies
8. Fun in Fifth
9. Mrs. Bartel's School Family
10. Teaching with a Touch of Twang 
11. Wild About Fifth Grade

Here are my questions for my nominees:
1. What grade do you teach and how long have you taught this particular grade?
2. Do you prefer warm weather or cold weather?
3. What is your favorite subject to teach? why?
4. How do you incorporate technology in the classroom?
5. What's your favorite activity for a rainy afternoon?
6. What's the best book you've read recently?
7. What's your most successful classroom management strategy?
8. What time do you wake up on a typical weekday morning?
9. What, if anything, do you give your students for Christmas?
10. Do you decorate your classroom for the holidays?
11. What's your favorite vacation spot?

Don’t forget to leave me a link to your blog when you’ve answered!  I can’t wait to read more about you and I hope you enjoyed learning a little something about me.

~Jessica

5 comments

  1. Thanks Jessica! Loved reading about you! Here is the link to my post. http://mrsbartelsschoolfamily.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to get to know you better! Thanks for sharing some new-to-me blogs, too.

    Young Daze in 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your car's name is Gilbert :)

    Amanda
    Rock Stars At Work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog every time! You are a gifted writer, and the most fun person I've ever known!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for thinking of me. I enjoyed learning more about you.

    Tina

    Flamingos and Butterflies

    http://flamingosandbutterflies.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster.html

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top